The Human Toxicology Project Consortium will once again co-sponsor two ancillary events at the Society of Toxicology’s annual meeting in San Diego in March.
Along with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, we’re excited to expand the popular AOPs 101 series with a new workshop: “AOPs 201”: A Seminar on Development, Recording, and Use of Adverse Outcome Pathways. This event will take place Monday, March 23, from 5:00 PM–7:30 PM (local time) at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina in Marina Ballroom F.
Then on March 26, we’ll join HTPC partner Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing and the Human Toxome Project in co-sponsoring the annual satellite meeting, Updates on Activities Related to 21st Century Toxicology and Evidence-based Toxicology: Invited Presentations and Open Microphone. This event will be held in the Hillcrest Room of the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, from 12:30 to 4:00 PM (local time). Invited speakers and topics include:
- Richard Paules (US National Toxicology Program) – Tox21 Update
- Russell Thomas (US Environmental Protection Agency) – ToxCast Update
- David Dix (US Environmental Protection Agency) – EDSP21 Update
- Melvin Andersen (Hamner Institutes) – Hamner TT21C Update
- Mark Cronin (Liverpool John Moores University) – SEURAT Update
- Thomas Hartung (Johns Hopkins) – CAAT’s Read-across Initiative and Human Toxome-related Activity Update
- Catherine Willett (HTPC) – Human Toxicology Project Consortium Update
- Martin Stephens (Johns Hopkins) – Evidence-based Toxicology Update
For those planning to attend SOT 2015, more information about this satellite meeting is available here (the event is free; box lunches will be provided to pre-registrants).